Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Feast for the Senses




My culinary memoir SIREN'S FEAST got off to a tantalizing start when over 140 people showed up to celebrate the launch with me at Ca del Sole, a fabulous Mediterranean restaurant in Toluca Lake. One of my closest friends, Coco Conn, and my goddaughter Lauren Conn, helped me roll 400 stuffed grape leaves. Scrumptious paklava came from Oasis Bakery in Glendale, some of the best I've ever had, and Ca del Sole supplied the rest of the delicious cuisine. Guests were standing in line to have their Tarot cards and palms read and the place caught fire when Neena and Veena, the Belly Twins, performed. And yes, they are identical twins. Personally, I've never hugged so many people in one evening.

I'm blown away by the response to SIREN'S FEAST, AN EDIBLE ODYSSEY. People are already cooking the recipes and I've heard from several folks that they couldn't put the book down and have been ordering more copies for friends, in the words of one, "to share the delicious pleasure." It feels like a new odyssey is just beginning.

No comments: