Monday, December 7, 2009

Sur La Table




I took the Feast on the road again, this time to my home turf of Phoenix, Arizona where I had been asked to be guest chef at Sur La Table, the fabulous cookware stores located all over the country. Their Scottsdale location had a kitchen big enough for the 16 students who participated (a sell-out) and nearly everyone bought a copy of Siren's Feast. Morocco Memories was the theme, even though I snuck in one of my Armenian specialties, Cheese Beorag. I had a blast and didn't realize beforehand that the students did all the cooking, while I supervised.

Carol Blonder, quite the chef herself, is the culinary director in Scottsdale and she loved the copy of Siren's Feast I sent her so much it was chosen for her culinary book club, a true honor. Two members of her book club were also participants in a fun-filled afternoon.

No comments: