Friday, June 26, 2009

Silicon Valley and Beyond




Siren's Feast hit the trail recently with a road trip to Northern California, reminding me why I live in California. The drive was beautiful, through fields of artichokes, past orchards of almond and cherry trees and on through Gilroy, the garlic capital. I couldn't wait to get to Silicon Valley, where the first of two Siren's Feast events took place, and start cooking, loaded with fresh walnuts, Vidalia onions and all the spices I procured on my last trip to Morocco. My hostess, Lisette Derouaux, spared no expense to introduce me to the dynamic ladies of Silicon Valley. I can't wait to return to Menlo Park.

Then it was on to Marin County to attend a Siren's Feast book club potluck and meet yet another group of fabulous women. My hostess, Karin Conn, publicist extraordinaire, has a divine circle of friends who love to read and eat and I am always thrilled to have people prepare my recipes. It was hard to leave, but another visit awaited me, further down the road.

I had a fantastic visit with my old Ibiza friends Simma and Jeffrey. I loved their vegetable garden and Simma has a beautiful line of jewelry. I always say, you can't make new old friends.

No comments: