Saturday, March 27, 2010

New York State of Mind




Even though the weather was mostly lousy, I love New York. After a brief stop in the city, to catch Herman Leonard's show at Jazz At Lincoln Center, In The Best Possible Light, I headed out to Woodstock with long time friend Lola Cohen. What a great place to wait out the storm. In Woodstock I met Martha Frankel, fellow author of one of the best memoirs I've ever read, Hats and Eyeglasses. Martha runs the Woodstock Writer's Festival and I'm invited next year!

My trip ended with one of the main reasons I was there, Lola's book launch party at Elaine's. The party was packed with well-wishers, actors, acting students and friends. Lola edited the definitive book on Lee Strasberg and the Method, The Lee Strasberg Notes. Now, when Lola and I get together, we compare our Amazon listings. Of course, on my last day in NY, the weather was spectacular, perfect for a stroll through Central Park.

1 comment:

Joan said...

So Sorry about Florence your dear dear mommy. Jeremy told me about this link and Willy gave me another on fb. Glad to know of your success and happiness. Love, Joan